Here are a few reminders as we close out our term:
- Remember that your Unit 3 quiz closes on Wednesday
- Make sure to complete part 2 of the Unit 3 planning extra credit
- Check out the final essay prompt – available as of Monday!
We will also disseminate a survey at the end of the course that is apart from the Student Feedback Survey that UTA sends out. This is for research and platform improvement, and requests will come through your UTA email. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Keep up the good work! We are on the homestretch!
- Document Crowdsourcing #3 initial posts are due tonight! Comments due next Tuesday.
- History in Media initial posts are also due Tuesday.
- The last DoOO project – digital storytelling – is due for early extra credit next Monday and due no later than 12/5.
Please let Dr. B or me know if you have any questions at all!
Just a reminder that Unit 3 opens on Thursday! Your Unit 2 assignments will close over the next few days, make sure to get everything in. Finally, please remember that your annotated media assignment is due on your blog with link submitted into Blackboard by 11/7.
Just a reminder that your Unit 2 Crowdsourcing post is due tomorrow in ProSolo. Additionally, if you have any questions about submitting your DoOO Annotated Media activity, please make sure to let me know! While you will submit a link to your post into Blackboard, we highly encourage you to embed your submission into your website. It is more visually appealing than just posting a link to Thinglink and I am happy to help if you need any assistance as I know this is a new skill for many in the course.
Make sure to check out Dr. Breuer’s recent message for more information, but I wanted to send a reminder to check out the History Corner in Blackboard for an extra credit opportunity!
Happy October everyone! We have wrapped up Unit 1 content and Unit 2 will open on Monday. Please remember that your curation activity (with abstract) is also due on Monday. Keep up the hard work and please let Dr. Breuer or me know if you have any questions!
Happy Friday! Here are a few reminders:
- ProSolo – Make sure to begin working on the assignments. Look for the Unit 1 Historical Engagement credential to get started.
- DoOO – Remember that your curation assignment will be to annotate sources. You will not write a formal paper for this activity.
- Calendar – We have made adjustments to the calendar in Blackboard and the Google calendar will be updated Friday, 9/16.
I have had a few questions about registering the subdomain that I want to clarify. When you get to the place where you select your subdomain of linklab.domains, you will use whatever name you wish to use (if you choose not to buy your own domain). Our course website subdomain is worldciv, so you will not use that as your option. Some people have used their names while others choose to do something else. Keep in mind that this will be your subdomain for your time here at UTA and you might use it in future courses. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
You must have your subdomain registered, meme created, and the URL posted to Blackboard by midnight, so please make sure this is completed ASAP in case there are any issues.
Happy Friday Everyone,
Here is a reminder that our first DoOO assignment is due next Friday. If you haven’t applied for your domain, please make sure to do so as soon as possible so you can complete your assignment on time. Let me know if you have any questions, but if you follow the steps in order, you should be in good shape overall!