World Civ Online @ UTA is a research study exploring a number of innovative design practices. Our main areas of research in the world civilization courses are:
- Through Week 0 and Bootcamp materials
- Multiple Pathways Course Designs
- Overall course design using Customizable Modalities, allowing for different learning preferences to achieve the same outcomes
- Digital Humanities, Interactive Elements, and Game Theory in Online Courses
- Through interactive elements in later units, assignment point system, etc.
- Comprehension and writing development
- Through course assignments and use of Coh-Metrix